The aim of the course:
The aim of the TRI(H) course is to train helicopter licence holders to the level of proficiency necessary for the issue of a TRI(H) rating. AIR PLAN AVIATION ATO offers initial TRI (H) training on ATO’s Type Rating Helicopters approved training courses by HCAA
- An applicant for the TRI (H) certificate shall be at least 18 years of age.
- hold a CPL, MPL or ATPL pilot licence on helicopters;
- hold at least the licence and where relevant the rating for which flight instruction is to be given;
- have completed at least 15 hours of flight time as a pilot on the type of aircraft on which flight instruction is to be given; or passed an assessment of competence for the relevant category of instructor on that class or type of aircraft;
- be entitled to act as PIC on the aircraft during such flight instruction.
- have completed 250 hours as a pilot on helicopters.
The TRI training course shall include, at least:
- 25 hours of teaching and learning;
- 10 hours of technical training, including revision of technical knowledge, the preparation of lesson plans and the development of classroom/simulator instructional skills;
- 5 hours of flight instruction on the appropriate aircraft
Applicants holding or having held an instructor certificate shall be fully credited towards the requirement of 25 hours of teaching and learninG.